I am so excited to share this deliciously healthy Paleo Almond Flour Sticky Date Brownies with you guys. I was craving brownies last weekend and tried to come up with a recipe with the little ingredients I have on my pantry. I promise you these are the best date brownies yet. They are not only Paleo approved, but also refined sugar free! So you can eat them quilt free. I know most of us feel that quilt inside when we over eat sweets but trust me, these are way better than eating processed sweets that you buy from the closest gas station. I have different variation to this recipe, I made one batch (non paleo with butter and sweeter), and one batch (paleo and less sweet). I did not notice any difference between the two in terms of stickiness or the texture. Like I said before, only the sweetness level was different. You can still keep this recipe paleo and make it sweeter, or if you love using butter you can go ahead with that and make it less sweet. All depends on how you like it, so you are free to choose!
I have been using honey to sweeten most of my desserts, and that what I used in here as well. If you are not strictly following any diet I would definitely recommend trying these with grassfed whole milk! They taste heavenly when you combine them together. If you are vegan, or strictly following paleo diet then I would recommend making your own cashew milk ( I might share the recipe in the future). These delicious date brownies also make a great breakfast snack. I like to have a piece of the brownies with my peanut butter almond milk chia pudding bowl topped with bananas. Even as I am writing this, I am craving it so let’s get to the point and talk about the recipe!
- 1/3 cup honey (or 2/3 honey for sweeter version)
- 3 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 coconut oil melted (or 1/4 cup butter 1/4 coconut oil for non paleo version)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda (if you are making non paleo version, otherwise omit)
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- Organic dark paleo chocolate chips ( just a few on the top)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line parchment paper on the pan, I used glass 8″ circular pan for this recipe.
- Soak the dates in melted coconut oil when it is still warm. Add honey, eggs, vanilla extract and blend with a hand mixer.
- Combine almond flour, cocoa powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture on a slightly greased pan.
- Use the chocolate chips to make them fancy, do not blend the chocolate chips.
- Bake it for 30 minutes, and Enjoy!