Hi Everybody! Today I am bringing you a great paleo pear butter recipe. This recipe is so easy, takes 30 minutes and perfect topping for most of the dishes I am going to post in near future, like french toasts, or my delicious apple cinnamon bread would be perfect with this.
I came up with this idea while I was having brunch with my husband a week ago. We couldn’t decide if we wanted to get something sweet or savory and one of the dishes we wanted to try was french toast with pear butter. Then, I thought I could easily make my own paleo pear butter. The thing that caught our eyes were the pear butter to be honest, not the french toast part. So, the next morning I woke up and was so determined to try this out. I only had 4 medium pears, so this recipe will be for one time serving for 2 people. Feel free to make in more batches and save in the freezer. I know I am going to make these beauties for Christmas morning next week. Anyways, let talk about how to make this simple paleo pear butter which will brighten up your morning:
- 4 medium pears cored and chopped in cubes
- 3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Bring chopped pears into boil, watching it carefully. They are very easy to burn.
- After pears release some juice, add in cinnamon, lemon, honey and nutmeg.
- Simmer on very low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- When they are soft and ready to serve, using a hand blender puree the pears.
- Enjoy on a french toast, banana bread or whatever you would like it on really 🙂
PS: Please watch it all the way through cooking, you wouldn’t want it to burn.