Today, I have a great recipe for those who love sweet treats like I do. This refined sugar free hazelnut flour chocolate cake is so deliciously healthy and guilt free. It is also very easy to make and perfect as an after dinner snack or even breakfast as in my case. I was doing a research to find a recipe where I can use hazelnuts and chocolate together and make it so healthy that I don’t have to feel guilty if I overeat. So, if you are craving Nutella just go to your kitchen and do this tasty refined sugar free hazelnut flour chocolate cake recipe instead!
I used Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Flour/Meal for this recipe however, you can go ahead and make your own homemade hazelnut meal. You will just need hazelnuts and food processor/blender. One thing to note about this recipe is it won’t have a soft traditional cake texture to it, however it will taste just as amazing, trust me! The recipe has a nice chocolate glaze on top as well as you can see in the picture below, I know it looks delicious!
If you wish to save on calories you can definitely omit it, but I prefer to have the glaze on so it is more gooey and why not more chocolate? Anyway, let’s talk about the recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup hazelnut flour
- 3 oz. dark chocolate ( I used Organic Theo 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar)
- 1/6 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/6 cup coconut milk ( I would also recommend using Grass Fed Whole Milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp organic maple syrup
For The Chocolate Glaze:
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder ( or melted dark chocolate)
- 1 1/4 tbsp coconut milk (or grass fed whole milk)
- 1 1/4 tbsp raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a 8 inch tart pan.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil, let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine melted chocolate and coconut mix with the rest of ingredients.
- Pour the mixture on greased pan, bake for 30 minutes.
- Top it with the chocolate glaze, and Enjoy!
PS: I strongly recommend to top this delicious cake with almond butter (or any nut butter), as you can see in the picture I also topped it with cacao nibs and coconut flakes, yummy!