Today, I am sharing one of my favorite breakfast snacks with you guys. This refined sugar free paleo apple cinnamon bread is so deliciously healthy and full of nutritious goodies like almond butter, and natural almond flour, raw whole flax seeds and homemade applesauce. And the list goes on. I love this recipe so much because it is also gluten free (for my gluten free brownies you can see this also.) which makes it easier for me to share it with my friends who have celiac disease. It is really important for me to create recipes for all of those out there can enjoy making them.
I will tell you the truth, I am not paleo, nor vegan. I did not even know most of these terms until I moved to US from Istanbul. I became more health conscious in US. I have come to realize, things were not very simple here. Pretty much everything had high fructose corn syrup, additives, coloring or artificial flavors.
In my home country, I had zero cooking or baking experience. I was lucky enough to come home to my mother’s delicious and healthy meals. After I moved to US, I knew I had to figure out a way to make my own food with real ingredients. I try to stay as healthy as possible by creating my own recipes and as my time allows, I get to share with you guys what I learn along the way. I am hoping you will enjoy baking these deliciously healthy Paleo Apple Cinnamon Bread, and feel amazing after you have it.
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil softened
- 3/4 cup homemade apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or any nut you would like to use)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 medium fuji or granny smith apple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly grease a pie pan. ( I used and 8 inch pie pan for this recipe)
- Combine first 6 ingredients, blend well.
- Combine rest of the ingredients except walnuts and apples.
- Incorporate wet ingredients and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Finally stir in chopped nuts and diced apples.
- Bake for 25-30 mins. Enjoy!
PS: I like to have these with extra applesauce on top, cacao nibs and coconut flakes, just like in the picture. Sometimes I even add some banana coins on the side for a morning snack. 🙂