It has been a while I was planning on sharing this deliciously healthy dinner idea with you. It is called spiced salmon with mango lime salsa. I love eating fish, and try to do all sorts of different things with it. I know lots of people who don’t like fish, some say it is because of the smell, some thinks it is the taste itself. However, the most important thing is to find delicious recipe ideas to pair the fish with. I love my food spicy, and when it comes to cooking fish I like to use different tastes together which makes it more flavorful. That’s why you need to try my favorite mango lime salsa recipe whenever you are making salmon because it gives the fish sweetness from the tasty and juicy mango also balances that sweetness with limes.
I would like to give some tips before starting to make this great dish.
- Please make sure to have sweet and yellow mangos rather than sour and green.
- Marinate the fish at least an hour with the spice blend provided below
Ingredients for Mango Lime Salsa:
- 2 Mangos cut in cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1 lime (as a juice on top)
- 1 avocado cut in cubes
Ingredients for Spiced Salmon:
- 2 pounds of fresh salmon
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon sliced in circles
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
For the spice blend you will need:
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 385°F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Grease the parchment paper and out garlic and chopped onion.
- Place the marinated salmon on top of garlic and onion. Rub olive oil on top.
- Place the lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes.
- Pair it with mango lime salsa and quinoa on the side! Enjoy your healthy dinner and let me know what you think if you try this.