Hey guys! I am bringing you my latest obsession today. I thought I would share this favorite recipe of mine with all tahini lovers out there. My love for tahini comes from my home country. In Istanbul, we eat tahini in breakfast as a sweet spread on our toasts. We make this spread usually by mixing it with pekmez (grape syrup). We also eat it as a savory dish (hummus); which I am sure most of you more familiar with.
I came up with this idea when I was thinking what desserts I could make with tahini. I love brownies maybe too much, so why not incorporate tahini into them? These heavenly tahini brownies, not just taste good but also they are packed with healthy fats and protein. I eat them with zero quilt. You can enjoy them as breakfast topped with paleo pear butter, or as a late night snack paired with freshly brewed dark roast coffee.
I tried a few different combinations for wet and dry ingredients. However, I will only post what I loved the most. I like my brownies soft, gooey, rich in chocolate and not overwhelmed with sweetness. To get the texture just like in the photo below, please follow exactly what the recipe is calling for. The pan I use is also makes a difference in height and fluffiness. I used this one.
You can also buy the ingredients I used to make this recipe easily on amazon. I provided the links below.
- 2 organic jumbo eggs
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup almond butter ( creamy, unsalted)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder ( please measure it correctly, you wouldn’t want to over do this one)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup ( if you want your desserts very sweet I recommend adding 2 tbsp raw honey)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda ( can be omitted)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, lightly grease a pie pan with coconut oil.
- Mix together tahini and almond butter, then add the add the eggs.
- After it is blended well, maple syrup.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the batter onto the greased pan, bake for 27 mins.
- Enjoy with a cup of joe or jasmine tea (if you are a tea drinker).
PS: I like to top them with pear butter and cacao nibs and they make a great breakfast snack. You can purchase them on amazon.